Learning and development program plan

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
emilyjflinn

Learning and development program plan

Post by emilyjflinn » Mon May 08, 2017 8:48 am

Hello,

I am currently on one of my last booklets (yay) and am having a bit of trouble with what it's looking for.

I have to take observations of three children and then write a report detailing my findings. I have to see if they aren't meeting their development stage for their age.

For one child I have observed the 1. She lacks confidence when going over obstacle courses and requires assistance and 2. She gets very fatigued when doing writing tasks (tracing over letters), so her find motor skills. Which one would best be used for a program plan. Also I'm not too sure how I'm suppose to create a plan to help her develop these skills further.

Would focusing on more fine motor skills be a program plan such as setting out activities based on these skills?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

emilyjflinn

Re: Learning and development program plan

Post by emilyjflinn » Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 am

Also if the fine motor skills is correct, I also have to do this three different times and ways. Would one way be to set up and activity of beads and thread which we have available here. Another outside using a stick to draw in the sand pit and so on?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 08, 2017 4:56 pm

In regards to fine motor skills to needs to strengthen her finger muscles and strengthen these in order to be able to hold the pencil correctly, so maybe that's why she is getting too tired when tracing over letters. So, some activities to develop these include - playdough, clay, moon sand, sand play etc. Any type of activity that is able to help the child strengthen their fingers...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 08, 2017 4:59 pm

You could do a variety of different activities within the indoor/outdoor environment to encourage the child with their fine motor skills... So this would form part of your program plan. Also, it would benefit the other children as well so it's a win-win!

This may also help:

Pre - Writing Skills

:geek:,
Lorina